Friday, June 1, 2012

Reflections

            This year had it's ups and downs. It was really nice being able to go on lots of trips and sometimes it was nice spending time with my family. My favorite trip was to Thailand which you heard all about. I also liked going skiing a lot and I got much better.
            There ware also definitely downsides. One I really haven't liked is having my parents on my case all the time; instead of annoying my teachers I end up annoying them and they get fed up with me. I also have had trouble being out in the middle of nowhere and far away from civilization; I used to be able to ride my bike to any thing I wanted to do but now I'm stuck here a lot of the time.  Another problem is that I didn't have any friends when I came here, but I have made some. I do miss being with kids my age 7 hours a day. I have more things to say but I'll stop complaining for now.
          This year has made me realize that even though the year has been both good and bad, it is really important to have a good attitude about what you are doing whether it is your first choice or your last choice. Another thing I have realized is that dreading something that is going to happen anyway is a waste of time and energy and it is better to just be happy with what is happening now.

Eli

[Editor's note: Eli just completed his final report on Leonardo DaVinci.  If you would like to read it, it can be accessed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eK0Vil7HoiHNr5Ogo0GIi9Q3wBZmaEi6Swmx_DI9f8k/edit] 

No comments:

Post a Comment